Lateral Bound – Countermovement to Stabilize (Mini Band)
- Loop a mini band above your knees and stand on one leg.
- Bend slightly at the hips and knees, then use your legs and glutes to jump to the side.
- Use your arms to help generate force as you extend the hip, knee and ankle that you push off with.
- Land softly on your opposite leg by absorbing the impact with your hip.
- Hold for three seconds, then stand.
- Bound back to the other side and repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions.
- Try jumping for maximum height and distance and “stick the landing” to stay balanced.
You Should Feel It
- Working your hips and legs.