Lateral Vertical Hop - Continuous Over Hurdle
- Stand to the side of a line of hurdles balancing on your leg nearest the hurdles.
- Bend your arms 90 degrees and maintain this angle throughout the movement.
- Using your arms and hips to propel you, hop laterally over the hurdles, without pausing when you land.
- Reverse direction and repeat the drill with your other leg.
- Anticipate the ground to minimize your contact time.
- Land softly and absorb the impact through your hip.
- Do not allow your knee to collapse to the inside on takeoff or landing.
- Initiate the hops with your hips rather than your knees.
You Should Feel It
- Working your hips and legs.