Linear Vertical Hop - Double Contact to Stabilization Over Hurdle
- Stand on one leg facing a line of hurdles spaced a couple feet apart.
- Bend your arms 90 degrees and maintain this bend in your arms throughout the movement.
- Quickly bounce on your foot and then hop over one hurdle, using your hips and arms to propel yourself upward.
- Land softly on the same leg with your knees bent and hips back.
- Stabilize for 2-3 seconds, then continue over the remaining hurdles.
- Repeat the drill with your other leg.
- Land softly and absorb the impact through your hips.
- Do not allow your knee to collapse to the inside on takeoff or landing.
You Should Feel It
- Working your hips and legs.