Lunge - with Lateral Flexion Moving Forward
- Stand tall with your chest up, shoulder blades back and down, and arms at your sides.
- Lunge forward with your left foot and contract your back glute.
- Reach your right arm overhead and side bend your torso to the left.
- Bend back to center, then push up and forward into your next lunge with your opposite leg.
- Repeat the move, this time lunging out with your right leg and bending to your right.
- Continue alternating for the prescribed number of repetitions.
- Contract your back glute during the stretch and keep your front knee behind your toes.
You Should Feel It
- Stretching the hip flexor of your back leg, in the glute and groin area of your front leg, and in the lateral muscles of your torso.