Reverse Lunge, Elbow to Instep with Rotation
- Stand tall with your arms at your sides.
- Step backward into a lunge with your left foot.
- Place your left hand on the ground and your right elbow to the inside of your right foot. Hold this stretch for 1 to 2 seconds.
- Rotate your right arm and chest to the sky. Hold again for 1 to 2 seconds.
- Bring your right arm down and reach it across your torso to the opposite side.
- Place your right hand outside your right foot and push your hips to the sky.
- Return to the starting position, switch sides, and repeat.
- Continue for the remainder of the set.
- As you lunge, contract the glute of your back leg to help stretch the front of your hip.
You Should Feel It
- Stretching your groin, the hip flexor of your back leg, and the glute and hamstrings of your front leg.