Rotational Lift - Half Kneeling Cable
- Holding a rope or pulley handles attached to the low cable pulley.
- Begin in a half kneeling position with your side to the machine, your outside knee down, and inside foot on the floor with your leg almost straight.
- Turn your shoulders and hips toward the machine, keeping your chest up and stomach tight.
- In one continuous movement, turn your trunk away from the machine, draw the handles toward your chest, bending your elbows as you go and then push your hands up and away from your body.
- Return to the starting position and repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions before switching sides.
- Think of this as two movements—upright row and incline press—but turned to the side and combined in one motion.
- Be sure to turn with your shoulders so your back is facing the machine at the end of the movement.
- Keep your inside elbow high to allow the cable to come underneath your arm.
You Should Feel It
- Working your hips, torso, upper back, chest and shoulders.