Split Squat - Front Barbell
- Step out to a lunge so one foot is 2 to 3 feet in front of the other and hold a barbell on the front of your shoulders with your elbows high.
- Keeping your chest up, lower your hips toward the floor by squatting back and down, without letting your back leg touch the floor.
- When your back knee is just off the floor, push back up to the starting position by driving through the hip of your front leg.
- Repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions and switch legs.
- Do not let your front knee slide forward past your toes or collapse to the inside.
- Contract the glute in your back leg throughout the movement.
You Should Feel It
- Working your glutes, hamstrings, and quadriceps and stretching the hip flexor of your back leg.