- Standing on one leg, holding on to a support with your opposite side hand.
- Keeping a straight line between your ear and ankle, bend forward at the waist and lift your other leg straight behind you.
- Open your hips and shoulders toward the ceiling until you feel a stretch in the inside of your hip.
- Hold for 1 to 2 seconds.
- Rotate your hips and shoulders down until you feel a stretch on the outside of your hip.
- Complete the set on one side before repeating on the opposite side.
- Move your shoulders and hips as one unit.
- Keep the leg you're standing on slightly bent at the knee and your back leg lifted toward the sky.
- Stretching the inside and outside of the hip you're standing on.