Apricot and Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Cook Time
- 1 hour
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- 1 1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup lite mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 2 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- 6 leaves romaine lettuce
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season chicken breasts with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and bake 45 minutes until juices run clear. Cool and shred chicken.
- In a medium bowl combine 1 cup of chopped celery, 1/2 cup of lite mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard, 1/4 cup of chopped red onions, 1/4 cup of slivered almonds, 2 tablespoons of chopped tarragon, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and 1 cup of dried apricots.
- Stir ingredients thoroughly.
- Fold chicken into the mayonnaise mixture. Arrange 6 slices of bread on a work surface.
- Divide the chicken salad equally among the bread slices.
- Top each sandwich with 1 lettuce leaf, 1 slice of tomato, and a second slice of bread. Cut sandwiches in half and serve.
Tangy honey mustard sauce spices up this lunch staple.
Add a twist to your peanut butter sandwich with some fresh sliced bananas.
Spruce up your ham and cheese sandwich with grilled apples and spinach.
Spruce up your flatbread sandwich with a honey mustard dressing.