BBQ Turkey Burger
- Cook Time
- 35 minutes
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- 1 whole wheat bun
- 6 oz turkey burger
- 1 slice low-fat cheese
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup berries
- 4 yams (medium)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chile powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 1 slice tomato
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce
- Slice yams into wedges
- Toss with cinnamon, chile powder, olive oil, salt and pepper
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees
- Mix ground turkey with a 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce, a 1/4 cup of diced onions and salt and pepper
- Mold ground turkey into a 6-ounce patty .
- Grill or cook in a pan until the juice runs dry.
- Place turkey burger on whole wheat bun with 1 leaf of lettuce, 1 slice of tomato, 1/2 an avocado and 1 slice of low-fat cheese.
- Add a side of yam cinnamon chile yam fries, and 1 cup of fresh berries
These tacos make a filling but healthy meal.
Turn this ordinary Crock-Pot favorite into a healthy but hearty meal.
Flavorful spices make this turkey burger a huge hit a barbecues.