- Cook Time
- 1 hour
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 sliced red pepper
- 1 sliced green pepper
- 2 cans Italian-style tomatoes (28 oz)
- 2 cans tomato paste
- 2 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- Slice 1 onion, 1 red pepper, and 1 green pepper, then add them to the saucepan.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, and saute for 30 seconds.
- Slowly mix in 2 cans of Italian-style tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer.
- Season 6 chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan, saute the chicken with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil for 1 minute.
- Place chicken in a large baking dish. Pour the tomato mixture over the top.
- Cook in the oven for 45 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160-165 degrees.
- Remove from oven and season with salt and pepper; serve over pasta if desired.
Warm up with a tasty bowl of meatball soup.
A fast and simple recipe for a hearty but healthy family-size meal.
This easy-to-prepare chicken recipe uses non-stick cooking spray instead of oil to reduce fat and calories.
A simple, easy and healthy pasta dish.
Serve this zesty dip with reduced-fat Ruffle chips for a great snack.