Chocolate Chip Veggie Chili
- Cook Time
- 35 minutes
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium white onion
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 cans black beans (15 oz each)
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 2 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- black pepper
- sea salt
- In a large skillet, roast 3/4 cup of thawed corn kernels over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes (until they brown). Remove and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to the skillet over medium heat. Add in 1 diced eggplant with a pinch of salt. Cook for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat remaining 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.
- Add 4 cloves of diced garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
- Mix in 1 medium diced onion, and cook until translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Sir in 1/2 of a jalapeno pepper, 1 tablespoon of cumin, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of coriander, 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 1 minute. Stir frequently.
- Stir in 1 can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes, 2 cans of black beans, 1 cup of vegetable broth, and 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
- Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Stir in corn and eggplant mixture.
- Add 2 tablespoons of semi-sweet chocolate and stir until just melted. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve immediately.
Spice up your burrito with a side of chili and lime cucumbers.
A mixture of chiles and jalapenos spice up this hearty chili dish.
Serve this hearty dip hot or cold.
A combination of spices, onion, and garlic takes these peppers from homemade to gourmet.