Garlic Yam Tilapia
- Cook Time
- 25 minutes
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- 3 oz tilapia
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tomato
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 carrot
- 1 small potato
- 1 yam
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice 1 yam and 1 small potato into cubes. Cut 1 carrot into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss 1 yams, potatoes, and carrots with 1 tablespoon of oregano, 1 tablespoon of basil, and 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Place yam mix on a baking sheet, and place it in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Season both sides of tilapia with salt and pepper.
- Cook tilapia in a skillet over medium heat.
- Sear both sides (2 minutes each), and plate the fish.
- In the same pan, add 1 diced tomato, 1 tablespoon of capers, 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic, and 1/2 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture over your tilapia filet and serve.
Kick up your salad with a delicious Teriyaki-marinated salmon.
A tasty lime, onion, and pepper glaze add a punch of flavor to this fish dish.