Seasoned Steak Salad
- Cook Time
- 35 minutes
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 6 oz sirloin steak
- 1 bag frozen vegetables
- 4 high-fiber crackers
- 3 potatoes
- 1 tbsp salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Preheat grill to medium.
- While grill is heating up, rub a 6-ounce sirloin steak with Montreal Steak Seasoning for flavor.
- Throw steak on the grill at a 45-degree angle for 2 minutes.
- Rotate steak to the other 45-degree angle for 2 minutes.
- Turn steak over and repeat.
- While the steak is grilling, puncture 3 washed baked potatoes with a fork and place in the microwave for 9 minutes.
- Turn potatoes over and microwave for an additional 6 minutes (potatoes are done when they're soft to the touch).
- Follow instructions on frozen vegetables.
- Set 1/2 the steak, one potato and 1/2 the vegetables aside for your salad (place the rest in a container and refrigerate for another meal).
- Chop a 1/2 head of romaine lettuce and mix with1 bag of baby spinach.
- Top salad with sliced steak, chopped potatoes and vegetables.
- Add 4 high-fiber crackers, and top with 1 tablespoon of dressing.
Fresh corn and black beans take this taco salad South of the border.
For a healthy twist on steak and potatoes, try this recipe.
Chipotle peppers kick up this sultry steak salad.
A fresh coleslaw mix is a perfect contrast to pork.