Spice Rubbed Filet Mignon
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- 3 oz filet mignon
- 1 baked potato
- 1 tbsp low-fat sour cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1/4 cup almonds
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place potato on a baking sheet, and place it in the over for 30 minutes.
- While potato is baking, saute green beans in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 pinch of salt, and 1 pinch of pepper.
- Place a 1/4 cup of almonds on a tray, and bake them for 3 minutes.
- Rub filet mignon with salt and pepper (to taste).
- Pan sear steak until the internal temperature reaches 130 degrees.
- Place steak, potato and green beans. Sprinkle baked almonds on top and potato with 1 tablespoon of low-fat sour cream.
For a healthy twist on steak and potatoes, try this recipe.
Brown sugar gives these sweet potatoes extra flavor and depth.