Sweet Potato Mash
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- Place 3 peeled and diced sweet potatoes and 2 cups of water (make sure water covers potatoes) in a pot over high heat.
- Cover the pot, and bring the water to a boil.
- Once the water boils, open the lid slightly and leave it that way until the sweet potatoes soften.
- Drain the water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of unsalted butter, salt, and pepper.
- Mash the sweet potatoes to the desired consistency and serve.
Serve this delicious dessert hot or cold.
Blend this Asian-inspired side dish into one of your meals.
Cranberries, raisins, and apricots give this pilaf a taste of fall.
Punch up your salad with flavorful strips of sirloin steak.
A mixture of chiles and jalapenos spice up this hearty chili dish.