Turkey Burger Burrito and Chili Lime Cucumbers
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- 6 oz ground turkey
- 1 high-fiber tortilla
- 1/4 cup yams
- 2 tbsp fat-free refried beans
- 2 tbsp low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tomato
- 1/2 cup cucumbers
- 1/4 tsp chile power
- 1 squeeze lime
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice 1/4 cup of yams into wedges.
- Toss yams with 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil, 1 pinch of salt, and 1 pinch of pepper.
- Place yams in a baking dish, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Mix 6 ounces of ground turkey with 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce, 1 tablespoon of finely diced onions, 1 pinch of salt, and 1 pinch of pepper.
- Mold into a 6 ounce patty. Grill or cook in a pan until juice runs dry.
- Crumble turkey patty onto a high-fiber tortilla.
- Add 2 tablespoons of fat-free refried beans, 2 tablespoons of low-fat cheddar cheese, and 1/2 of a sliced tomato.
- As a side dish, slice 1/2 cup of cucumbers and toss them with 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder and 1 squeeze of lime juice.
- Plate burrito, cucumbers and yams.
Chile yam fries spice up this zesty take on the turkey burger.
A low-fat lasagna that's packed with both protein and taste.
Flavorful spices make this turkey burger a huge hit a barbecues.